At the Library Book Club I am serving these chewy oatmeal chocolate chip cookie bars: Yummy!
- 1 cup butter , room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar , packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9 x 13 in. pan with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl beat together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth and light.Add the eggs one at a time, mixing after each addition. Add the vanilla.
- In a separate bowl combine the dry ingredients: salt, baking soda, baking powder, flour, rolled oats, and 1 cup chocolate chips. Add to the butter mixture and stir until combined.
- Spread 1/2 of the cookie dough into the bottom of the prepared pan. Sprinkle remaining cup of chocolate chips on top. Carefully press remaining cookie mixture on top of chocolate. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool completely before cutting.