Inside the beautifully illustrated pages, author and expert herbalist Susan Betz lets you in on a little secret: Herbs make great houseplants. And, you don’t need fancy grow lights, expensive potting soil, or high-end equipment to grow them. All you need is a sunny windowsill and the right plant. Learn which herbs perform best as houseplants, how to care for them, and even how to harvest and use your homegrown herbs for culinary creations, household cleaning products, herbal teas, handmade crafts, and more.
In Herbal Houseplants you’ll learn:
- The basics of caring for herbs indoors
- How to keep indoor herbs productive and pest free
- Tips for choosing the best herbs for indoor growing
- Essential advice for watering, fertilizing, and harvesting
- Dozens of recipes and DIY projects for enjoying your herbal harvest
- How to grow exotic herbs, like patchouli, tulsi, and Corsican mint
From parsley and thyme to sage and lemongrass—and many herbs in between—tending and enjoying herbal houseplants pays big rewards for little effort.
Book review :
From Net Galley for review. Herbal Houseplants provides basic indoor plant basics, a primer on herbal plants from the typical to the exotic, lighting requirements and ideas, potting soil preparations, watering recommendations, and so much more. If you love houseplant or thinking about growing herbs inside read this book first. Lisa