Our Book Mobile in our featured Cozy Mystery takes place in Michigan. And one of our favorite times while living in Michigan was Maple time . So enjoy these book inspired treats…… Lisa
Cookie Recipe :
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) of unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup of dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon of maple syrup (Michigan syrup) https://curreyfarms.com/
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 3/4 cup of chopped walnuts (pecans)
- Beat the butter and sugar together at medium speed with an electric mixer for three minutes or until light and fluffy
- Add the vanilla extract and egg and mix until well incorporated. Add the maple syrup and mix .
- In a separate bowl vigorously whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. Slowly add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix until just incorporated. Fold in the walnuts.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill for thirty minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Drop spoonfuls of the cookie, about 1 inch balls, onto cookies sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges.Allow to cool on the cookie sheet for a minute or two before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.